Running 4 Kids
Helping the children one step at a time.
The 8th annual Run 4 Kids Challenge for The Children's Cancer Foundation and the fight pediatric cancer will be held on Sunday, September 20, 2020 . The goal this year is to raise over $3500 and ALL will go for the fight. 100% of all entry fees goes to the children. This is possible because of out generous sponsors. Please view the money page for the complete list. A lot will depend on the pandemic and the restrictions in September. See below.
RUN 4 KIDS CHALLENGE
The 5K and 10K have different starting points but finish at the same line.
COVID - 19 SAFETY GUIDELINES
1. Please practice social distancing as much as possible while in the park.
2. When picking up your packet, and if you really have to register on race day, wear a mask.
3. There will be no award/prize ceremony. Get you prize/award with mask on and leave. If you wish to socialize, please do so away from the pavilion and other race sites. Wear a mask and social distance.
4. There may be some but little post race refreshments. Please take some and leave the area. Bring your own.
5. Required that you wear a mask at the start and request for the first ~.2 mile. Drop at the first pavilion on the course or stuff in your shorts or fuel belt. We will retrieve, spray it and make them available near the finish. Mask requirement at the start is now a state requirement. Some runners wear a mask for a full run on some winter days.
6. Hand sanitizer will be available at the pavilion. A requirement to hold the race.
7. The raffle is cancelled and becomes an on line auction available to participants and volunteers. See details below.
8. There is a virtual option. If you are at risk or have another reason for not wanting to be in person, but wish to participate, email at email@example.com with your reasons and we will instruct you on registering. There will be a virtual results page and you will be able to pick up you packet with shirt, bib and maybe more. Virtual runners are able to participate in the auction.
The 8th annual Run 4 Kids Challenge will be held at Freedom Park in Sykesville, MD (100 Raincliff) on Sunday, September 20 at 8:00 AM. Included are a 10K and 5K run/walk. The only challenge this year other than you challenging yourself, is the school challenge. Anyone can represent any school. High schools are included this year.
The winning school will receive a unique trophy and $500 if requirements are met. #1. There must be at least 75 participants in the races. #2. Winning school must have at least 10 participants. Anyone can represent any school. Time to network!
ORMS and Century High are currently at the top.
AMENITIES: Tee shirts to the first 100 entrants;limited sizes. To get the size that you prefer, please register early. Medals* to all elementary and middle school finishers; refreshments to all
*adults with a special race such as first race, first race with child, recovery race, etc.- please see us for a medal after the race if we have any left
PRIZES: both male and female: This will be updated so check back to see the additions.
Overall: trophy, $50 Visa card, certificate from Glory Days Grill &Tri Sport; second place: certificate from Glory Days Grill & Tri Sport; 3rd ;place: Certificate from Glory Days & Run Moore
Divisions: 1st - trophy or ribbon, Glory Days Grill certificate; 2nd place in kids divisions maybe
Divisions for 4K: K-2, 3-5, middle school, high school, open, masters (40-49), grand masters (50-59), senior (60-69), grand senior (70+)
Divisions for 10K: 12 and under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
GRAND RANDOM PRIZE: a free pair of running shoes
Elementary School and Middle School Random Prize: ??
Random Prizes: at least 1/3 of participants have won a prize in each of the 7 previous years. Only to registered runners by 9/14. Currently ...
On line auction: CURRENTLY; PRIZES (5 total); four valued at over $75; certificate for a free pair of shoes; two original oil paintings; runners bag full of "running gear"; hand crafted fruit bowl with fruit. Pictures and bidding info to come. There will be a "buy it now option". Only registered runners, volunteers and Platinum/Gold/Silver sponsors may bid.
RUN 4 KIDS CHALLENGE RULES:
These are for your and everybody's safety and enjoyment. Make sure to read the Covid-19 guidelines well.
1. Check the businesses supporting the race on the MONEY PAGE and please patronize and thank them
2. No pets, ear buds, headphones, etc., please.
3. No assistance other than what is provided and/or required. 4. Follow directions of volunteers.
5. Be courteous to competitors and volunteers before, during and after the races!
6. HAVE FUN, ENJOY, BE SAFE!
Mail - Mail the COMPLETED form to RUNNING 4 KIDS, P.O. Box 469, Sykesville, MD 21784
On line - WWW.RUNSIGNUP.COM
If Covid - 19 makes a comeback (and we sure hope not) in Maryland and we have to cancel the race, your entry fee will become a tax deductible donation. Additionally we will have virtual races that you can do anywhere during a certain time period. We will also make the packets available and get them to you some way. The awards and prizes will become random prizes, except trophies, to be issued with the packets randomly.
$5 discount to family registrants (multiple family participants) - code FAM. Race week and race day registration is $40. Extra donations are certainly accepted on any registration. Packet pick up and registration is usually held on Thursday evening before the race at Tri Sport Junction on Main Street in Sykesville from 4:45 - 7:30 PM. Packet pick up and registration will also be held at Run Moore in Westminster on Wednesday or Friday. Please check back.Race day registration at the Park will be from 7:00 - 7:45 AM if you really have to. Please register early to save stress on the volunteers and make for a safer venue on race day.