Numerous studies have shown very positive effects on individuals becoming involved with charity work.
1. Makes the person both physically and mentally healthier.
2. Gives the person a sense of life satisfaction.
3. Makes the person feel like they have more time.
4. People who give of themselves have a higher self esteem.
5. Makes people have a sense of purpose making for better psychological health.
6. People have lower levels of depression and despair.
7. Makes a person have a sense of life control.
8. People gain experience by helping out.
9. Older people who volunteer have a lower mortality rate.
10. You will be helping the children!
As a nine year old said, "don't be a diamond in the dirt". Polish yourself by helping the children. Thanks.
Running 4 Kids
Helping the children one step at a time.
Your challenge is to give a little of yourself for the children. You can do this by donating your time, by participating in an event or more, volunteering at an event or more, publicizing the different events and RUNNING 4 KIDS to family, neighbors, friends, coworkers, etc., and/or donating money to RUNNING 4 KIDS. As we go into our next five years, please help. 100% of all donations go towards the children.
2018: MY CHALLENGE
Turning 70, I will attempt 7 races of 7miles or longer. Current targeted races include 4 marathons, and a 15K, a 10miler, and a 1/2 marathon. Other races may be included or these changed but I will do the 7 over 7 for 70. My challenge also includes increasing by 25% the amount brought in by each our 2 fundraisers, the Run 4 Kids Challenge to fight pediatric cancer and the restaurant fundraisers to fight juvenile diabetes. I also hope to increase other income in general by 25%. Bracket Challenge a success with an increase of 45%. Yard sale continues but currently an increase of over 100%. Run 4 Kids Challenge a huge success with an increase of about 33%. Next up is the JDRF restaurant fundraisers at Buffalo Wild wings and Glory Days Grill. Join us for food and help the children with diabetes.